Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Lost at 20,000 Feet

I had to laugh when I read this story on SCI FI Wire this morning about William Shatner in a meeting with LOST creator J.J. Abrams:

Shatner Met Trek's Abrams

Original Star Trek star William Shatner told convention-goers in Chicago over the weekend that he has spoken with J.J. Abrams, who is co-writing and will direct a proposed 11th Trek movie, and added that "on the horizon there are good things for Star Trek and, hopefully, my involvement" in the film, the Trekmovie.com Web site reported.

Shatner mentioned that he had spoken with Abrams on Sept. 7 and that he and Abrams will be meeting sometime this week.


It reminded me of a thought I had last season, that with all the flashbacks on LOST showing the plane coming apart mid-air, I would love to see Shatner make a cameo appearance and reprise his role from the Twilight Zone episode "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet."

I can picture Shatner in Boston Legal mode, staring fixated out the window and yelling, "I'm Denny Crane! There's a gremlin on the plane!" while Hurley tries to settle him down with a "Dude!"

Of course what they were actually discussing was Star Trek, which reminds me that it's almost time for the remastered original series to start its syndication run. Here's some updated Classic Kirk for you:

No comments: